Thursday 11 December 2014

'Tis The Season To Be Jolly....

Hi everyone...

So, as another week flies by ~ I've finally managed to make a dent in that "to-do" list ~ the tree and house is all decorated and resembling a winter wonderland, cards are all written and in the post and most of the presents have been bought. As for crafting, I think I can finally see light at the end of this very long tunnel and with only three more crafty commissions to make before the end of the year, I will finally be able to pack away the crafty stash and at long last see my dining room table again!! Yay....

In the meantime, I just wanted to pop by to say a big hello to all my new followers, here and over on Facebook and I wanted to share a couple of Christmas cards that I made for the December issue of Making Cards Magazine.

For this set of cards, I created a chalkboard effect on black card and added elegant hanging ornaments, together with holly leaves and bows and kept the colour palette a gorgeous pale aqua and white with just a hint of green and red.
Card 1 ~ 'Tis The Season
To create the chalkboard effect, I stamped the message onto black card using Versamark Watermark Stamp Pad and then lightly dusted a small amount of Ranger Perfect Pearls over the top to reveal the message.

Card 2 ~ A Very Merry Christmas




Thank you so much for stopping by today and if you still have some Christmas cards of your own to make, then I really hope you'll be inspired by these cards. I'd love to see anything you make, so never hesitate to get in touch to share your projects with me!

Have a great day and see you all soon...love Emma x



Products Used:
Memory Box Lydia Ornament Die
Memory Box Traditional Ornament Die
Woodware Super Holly Leaf Punch


9 comments:

  1. So beautiful Emma 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning Emma! I'm going to have to try that with the perfect pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful Emma...........love those dies and your designs are so classy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did chalkboard effect cards this year but kept them flat for posting. I dry brushed Snowflake Fresco paint over the black card then stamped over the top using a white Artiste pad. If you want to see them here is the link:
    http://massofhair.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/30-of-kind.html

    I do love your ArT cards and 3D projects i find them so inspirational, tanks again Emma for all the hard work you do :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally gorgeous. lovely and vintagey feeling yet modern if that makes sense, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, both of them. The first one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They really look pretty! Great designs, great colours , amazing Christmascards!!! I love them very much!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews